Where is the venue

The entrance to the festival site is via Macphillamy Park. Turn into Macphillamy Park from Skyline drive and then turn right to Reid and Sulman Park.

To plan your visit to Bathurst and find out more about local accommodation and sightseeing visit https://www.bathurstregion.com.au/

Who produces the festival?

The Inland Sea of Sound is an initiative of Bathurst Regional Council.

I’m interested in performing who do I contact?

Expressions of interest for the main line-up have closed. But contact BMEC at this This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you are interested in performing as part of the kids or workshop programs.

I’m interested in holding a stall/working/volunteering in 2020, who do I contact?

Contact BMEC for the relevant Expression of Interest form by emailing this This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Will we be able to park?

Car parking will be available once you enter the festival site from Macphillamy park. It will then be a maximum of a five minute walk to the festival pedestrian entrance.  There will be disabled parking area adjacent to the pedestrian entrance.

Can I bring alcohol into the festival?

No, drinks can be purchased from the bars onsite. Security will search bags at the Festival entry and cars going into the camp-site.

Can I bring my dog, rat, guinea pig or alpaca (or any other animals) with me?

Registered support dogs on leads can be brought onto the festival site. All other animals should stay at home. 

I’m camping, can I arrive a day or so early?

No – Sorry! We can recommend other camp areas in and around Bathurst for other nights – click here for information http://bathurstregion.com.au

You can't stay longer either - all campsites need to be cleared by 12pm on Sunday 1st March. 

I’m 15 – can I come to the festival without a parent?

Anyone aged 15 and under must be accompanied by a parent or a responsible adult at the Entry gate.

How much are tickets to this year’s festival?

Ticket prices will be released closer to the festival dates.

Are event and camping tickets separate tickets?

Yes, if you are camping you will need both and all people camping on a site, maximum of six, will need to enter at the same time.

Are wristbands exchangeable, i.e. can I pass mine on to my friend if I don’t want to stay?

No, you will need to leave your wristband on for the entire time you attend the festival. Security will check for ripped or stretched wristbands.

I didn’t buy a ticket and plan to fence jump my way in. What happens if I get caught?

As sure as the sun will rise, you WILL get caught.

Anyone attempting to gain entry to the Inland Sea of Sound without a valid event ticket is considered to be trespassing and therefore breaking the law.

Under the Enclosed Lands Protections Act 1901, NSW Police may on the spot maximum penalty fines for trespassing, and trespassers will be evicted from the festival site.

If I can’t make it can I get a refund or sell my tickets to someone else?

There are no refunds on tickets except as required by the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice. Incorrect purchases DO NOT qualify for a refund.

Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice.

Can I drive in and out of the campground?

Once you have driven on site you cannot drive in and out while the festival is open, i.e. 4:45pm to approximately 11pm Friday and 11:45am to approximately 11pm Saturday.

Are there powered sites and can I bring my own generator?

None of the Inland Sea of Sound campsites are powered.

You can bring your own generator, BUT there is a strict noise curfew between 12am and 8am in the campgrounds and your generator MUST be turned off between these hours. 

No liquid fuels are permitted.

Can we reserve a spot for our friends next to us?

If you want to camp together you must arrive together.

Can I bring alcohol into the campground?

No, drinks can be purchased from the bars onsite. Security will search bags at the Festival entry and cars going into the camp-site.

Will there be toilets and showers in the campground?

Yes but access to the showers may be restricted during festival opening hours.

DISABLED ACCESS What is the site like for getting around?

The site is generally flat and relatively level.

Is there parking close to the festival entrance for those with disabilities?

Yes there will be a designated area near the festival entrance.

Companion card policy

The Inland Sea of Sound will accept companion cards for carers attending with a person with a disability.

Can I bring a chair?

Yes, but low profile chairs are preferred. If you are in a higher profile chair you will be asked to sit towards the rear of the crowd. 

What bag should I bring?

Small backpacks and shoulder bags are fine. Eskies, picnic bags and bulky luggage won't be allowed in. To attract the best caterers we need to ensure that audiences will buy food. You can bring some snacks for kids and food for special dietary requirements (vegetarian, vegan and GF options will be available). All bags will be checked by security who have the right to refuse items and/or entry. 

If I have an early entry ticket, can I leave and come back in?

If you have purchased an early entry ticket with accompanying child, you are welcome to leave the festival to take your child home and re-enter later that day. Leave your wristband on and it will be your ticket back in to the festival.